This major prepares students to plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, upgrade and support an organization’s local area network (LAN) and/or wide area network (WAN). Students learn the basics of network and server installation and configuration along with administrative duties and support for network users in various work environments. Students solve advanced company-wide support problems and high-level network and security problems. Students develop skills to plan, design, implement and troubleshoot a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory service and/or network infrastructure. Training could also include various Linux and Unix network operating systems. Students gain the technical skills required for Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, as well as CompTIA, Cisco, and/or Novell industry certifications.
Level for this Program:
- Tuition & Fees: $1,375.00
- Books & Supplies: $800.00
- Room & Board: N/A (CVTC does not offer on-campus living)
Costs are based on CVTC's current rates.
Debt at Completion:
- Students completing during 2011-12: 0
- Of the above, completers with any student loan debt: 0
- Of the students completing during 2011-12, the median debt for each of the following:
- Federal Student Loan Debt: $0.000
- Private Loan Debt: $0.000
- Institutional Financing Plan Debt: $0.000
- Normal Time Completion in Months: 10
- Of the above, completers who completed in normal time:
This number is based on 2011-12 completers in this particular major. Some majors are either no longer available or have been newly added, thus the reported number may be lower than the actual number.
Job-Placement Rate for Completers: 0%
- This number is based on 2011-12 placement rates in this particular major. All students completing during 2011-12 are included in this calculation. Some majors are either no longer available or have been newly added, thus the reported number may be lower than the actual number.
Context for Job Placement Rates:
- This job placement rate looks at related and non-related jobs in their field of study
- This rate is based on data collected within nine months after the end of the school term
- Our completers are tracked by instructors conducting person-to-person interviews
- CVTC reports this job placement rate in accordance with its accrediting agency, Oklahoma State Board of Career and Technology Education